A Day Off

I've been transferred to a seaside restaurant and have been working mad shifts lately. Life's good though. The spare room is getting a bit packed out so will need to have a bit of a sort out soon.


On top of Mighty Empire is Battle Masters. I've been having a bit of a Games Workshop retro phase lately but I've never been interested in collecting figures or doing loads of painting. BM is Warhammer-lite and is good fun for a rainy afternoon. If I'm after something a bit more technical I'll get Warhammer Diskwars out. I've picked up a copy of the 3rd edition of Talisman and have been enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I suppose it all depends on who you're playing it with I think. Less trudging round and round the board waiting for someone to get powerful enough to beat the dragon king than I remember from my teens. The finger of death spell helped.


Love playing Smallworld and Lords of Waterdeep. They are definitely the go to games at the mo'. My better half even enjoys Waterdeep (quite a recommendation). Found 6 player Buccaneer in really good condition with nothing missing in a thrift shop for £20! Arrgh! Peeking round the corner there is Blood Bowl Team Manager which is quite a laugh. The World of Warcraft board game is a recent purchase and is really well made with an interesting ombat system. Needs LOTS of time to play though, even with just 15 turns each. Not one for people who want to deliberate over strategies and power combinations becuase you'll just have the other players wanting to give you a slap. In the same groove is Conquest of Nerath which is D&D's Axis and Allies which I really like because I like D&D and Risk so this scratches both itches.  


Warhammer Red Box! Blood Royale, the game that can never be played. If you have a weekend with games nuts drag this out because it will take that long to play it. Warhammer 40K 1st edition! Warrior Knights, so good I bought the remake by Fantasy Flight games and is now probably my fave board game of all. D&D Rules Cyclopedia! Games Workshop made some amazing games in the 80's and early 90's before everying went grim dark. 


Comments

Popular Posts